Welcome Friends

Please do not bother to read my Blog if you do not know me and my beliefs, or wish to know me. I do not post for comment but to express my thoughts and feelings about our world and some of the disturbing trends. I post from the experiences I have had and my Faith in God and Country in that order.

Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hate the News

It seems I cannot get away from the news...I have tried but I drive over an hour to work each way every day so I have to listen to something. Nope no CD player and all the cassettes are worn out.
Anyway last night it was all about torturing prisoners....this morning more of the same. Now you know I have my sources and they must be protected, but I am told that we ( American Military) don't do anything that is considered torture. Further the things we do get reliable intel. Real torture doesn't you know the kind like in the movies... drill a hole through someones hand well then they will just tell you anything. The methods we use, and all the experts seem to agree on this, are used to train our military, so my question if we can use them on ourselves to prepare just how bad can it be. Then there is the whole humiliation issue, being as old as I am I say a little humiliation never hurt anybody. It kind of goes with the "sticks and stones" thing.
What do I care about torture anyway...these folks filmed beheading civilians they kidnapped..oh did I forget to say they were Americans. Oh and something about 911..and Embassy bombings..and remember the USS Cole. Need I go on?
As for me I have seen nothing of real torture and probably wouldn't care if I had. What I do care about is keeping our guys safe, that means not telling the other side squat. Sometimes that means not telling the public squat. I am good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment